Starting on September 22nd, 2021, the Ontario government , in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, will require people to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status to access certain businesses and settings. Some of these settings include:
- Restaurants and bars (excluding outdoor patios, as well as delivery and takeout)
- Nightclubs (including outdoor areas of the establishment)
- Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres
- Facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training, such as gyms, fitness and recreational facilities (excepting youth recreational sport)
- Sporting events
- Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments
- Concerts, music festivals, theatres and concerts
- Racing venues (e.g., horse racing)
Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted entry with a doctor’s note until recognized medical exemptions can be integrated into the upcoming digital vaccination certificate program. Children 11 years of age or younger will also be exempted from these requirements. Ontarians currently have access to a paper or PDF vaccine receipt that includes all relevant information to prove that they are fully vaccinated. As of September 22nd, Ontarians will be required to provide their vaccination receipt as well as a supplementary piece of ID, such as a drivers license, to enter the aforementioned settings. Ontario will also introduce an enhanced digital vaccine receipt that features a QR code, which is safe, more secure, and with you wherever you go. This digital vaccine receipt can be kept on a phone and easily used to show that you’ve been vaccinated of you need to. In addition the province will be launching a new app to make it easier and more convenient for businesses and organizations to read and verify that a digital vaccine receipt is valid, while respecting and protecting your privacy.
To obtain your PDF vaccination certificate, please click the link below. You will require your health card as part of the process.